14 March 2011

I can't believe, literally can't process, the fact that I am sitting in Destin and not on my long anticipated road trip.

I am so grateful to John and his family for putting me up, feeding me, driving me around...everything they have done. And I am grateful that I broke down where I did and not 3 hours earlier in the middle of nowhere.

And I have read many ride reports of waiting for parts to be shipped. Of the sitting around while you await the package that contains the key to you getting back on the road. But none of that seems to be able to convince my brain that I am still on the ride, and that this is just a temporary stop.

I feel very disconnected from reality, like I am on the ride, but have stopped time and stepped out of reality into an alternate universe. it makes no sense to me, literally, that I am sitting at a Starbucks, in clean clothes, in Destin. I don't know what I am doing here. I can't relate it to anything planned, or prepared for.

It's difficult to walk around the mall, it's tough to sit at the house, it's hard to watch TV. All I can do is re-check my email, keep updating the UPS site, go look at my bike and randomly polish some part.

Everything else makes no sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment